Firstly, don’t panic, we will explain to you how to get rid of ivy wherever it may be growing. It also is not dangerous unless you are exposed to the sap, this is when it can cause issues.
Poison ivy [Toxicodendron] is an American plant, very rare or even non-existent in Britain. In Britain you will find true ivy, scientifically known as Hedera. You can touch the leaves safely. but you should not eat it and under no circumstances let its sap touch your skin, mouth or eyes.It is not deadly, but you will be sore.